Dear Clients and Patrons of Rockford Veterinary Clinic,
In response to the emerging COVID-19 pandemic, we are reaching out to do our part in mitigating the spread of this disease. Our main concern is for the health and safety of all our clients, pets and staff. With the knowledge that the spread of this virus is largely associated with direct interpersonal contact, we will be requesting the following guidelines be observed:
* If at all possible, please limit one pet parent per pet for examinations. Children or whole family units are discouraged from attending exams in order to reduce interpersonal contact.
* Prior to appointments, please clean leashes and carriers with a viracidal cleaner.
* If you have symptoms of respiratory illness (fever, sneezing, coughing or shortness of breath), especially if having traveled recently, we request you call from your vehicle upon arrival for your appointment. One of our technicians will do a carside check-in, take your pet into the clinic to be examined and the veterinarian will call you in your vehicle with findings and recommendations. Payment can be performed over-the-phone. Your pet will be returned to you by our technicians.
* For your safety, if you are of a group deemed at higher risk to illness (immune compromised, chronic respiratory disease, older than 65 years of age, etc), we recommend following the carside check-in as described above.
* To avoid any unnecessary exposure, we request rescheduling or postponing routine healthcare examinations and elective surgeries until such time as the full scope of the situation is clearer.
* Please respect the “social distance” recommendations and maintain a distance of six feet or greater from those around you.
At this time, there is no reason to avoid interactions with your pets if you are healthy. However, if you should test positive for COVID-19, then out of abundance of caution, interaction with pets should be restricted.
Please know we are taking every reasonable step to maintain a clean and sanitized environment. Our concern is not only insuring care for your pet, but also for your personal protection as well.
More information about COVID-19 can be found by visiting the websites of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) , the World Health Organization (WHO) and the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE).
Thank you for your patience and understanding at this time!
Rockford Veterinary Clinic